Bowls Development Alliance
The Bowls Development Alliance (BDA) is funded by Sport England to support Bowls England (BE) and the English Indoor Bowling Association (EIBA) to develop the sport of flat green bowls.
For the funding period 2017-2021 this funding focuses on the delivery of:
· Club Development Programme: Supports clubs in their development including support with recruitment, identifying new volunteers, coaching, safeguarding and marketing.
· Play Bowls Package Scheme: Supports clubs with their recruitment
· Women Can: a programme to encourage more women to play, coach and volunteer in bowls Go to https://playbowls.org/womencan/about-women-can to see the Women Can video
· Disability: to work with key partners to ensure bowls is an inclusive sport.
Alongside these core objectives the BDA works with key partners on:
· Safeguarding: The Safeguarding Bowls panel is made up of representatives from all five bowls National Governing Bodies working together to ensure the sport is safe for everyone to play. Training is available to support the network of Club Safeguarding Officers and the website-www.safeguardingbowls.org has policies, guidelines and templates that can be downloaded.
· Disability: the BDA works in partnership with Disability Bowls England, Activity Alliance, Bowls England and the EIBA to ensure everyone can access the sport of bowls
· Equality & Diversity: The BDA, Bowls England and the EIBA are all striving to ensure the sport of bowls is as diverse as it can be
· Coach Bowls: The BDA continues to work in partnership with Coach Bowls, encouraging clubs to ensure all coaches hold nationally recognised qualifications
For more detailed information on the work of the BDA take a look at the website: www.playbowls.org