The expert panel for the awards night met on 15th of December to conclude their shortlist of nominees and we are delighted to announce the shortlist.
We received circa 150 nominations, which made for exceedingly good reading. There were so many wonderful stories from our Bowls Community and it was so inspiring to read all the stories of the good work being achieved in our sport.
Over the next few weeks, we will be doing various communications over our social media channels and in our newsletters celebrating our shortlisted candidates.
The Story of the Year and the Unsung Hero awards, will be decided by an online vote that will open week commencing 10th January.
For Certificate of Merit, there are just two winners that will be announced on the evening.
The night promises to be a glittering evening celebrating the great contribution made by counties, clubs, umpires, players and volunteers in the sport and a memorable social occasion with amazing food, live music and of course great company.
Thank you to everyone who nominated and congratulations to our shortlisted candidates.
We look forward to welcoming you on the night.
Please find below the shortlist:
County of the Year
Club of the Year sponsored by Sutton Winson
- Bristol St. Andrews BC (Gloucestershire)
- Darlington South Park BC (Durham)
- Essex County BC (Essex)
- Kingswood and Hanham BC (Gloucestershire)
- Lyndhurst BC (Durham)
- New Herrington Colliery BC (Durham)
Team of the Year
- Banbury Central Tony Allcock (Oxfordshire)
- Bowls Northamptonshire (Northamptonshire)
- East Leake Senior Fours (Nottinghamshire)
- Somerset Amy Rose (Somerset)
- Katie Sturtridge and Michelle Moore (Cornwall)
- Surrey Ladies Triples (Surrey)
Green-Keeper of the Year sponsored by Dennis Mowers
- David Robertson- Hexham Elvaston BC (Northumberland)
- Glyn Lyford- West Hoathly BC (West Sussex)
- Mark Piper- Maldon BC (Essex)
- Martin Tibbs- Chew Stoke BC (Somerset)
- Philip Jefferey Wright- Earls Barton BC (Northamptonshire)
- Ted Jameson- Jarrow West BC (Durham)
Coach of the Year
- Gilly Ainsley- Unity Park BC/Plymouth Life Centre (Devon)
- Howard Jones– Newport Pagnell BC (Buckinghamshire)
- June White- Thurlton BC(Suffolk)
- Ken Bousfield- Darlington South Park BC (Durham)
Story of the Year: Online Vote, sponsored by Bowls International
- Barrie De Suys- Addlestone Victory Park BC(Surrey)
- Peter Jones- Bristol St Andrews BC (Gloucestershire)
- West Wimbledon BC (London)
Unsung Hero: Online Vote
- David Linney- Market Bosworth BC (Leicestershire)
- Jacqui Jarvis- Newport Pagnell BC (Buckinghamshire)
- Jason Parkinson- Heaton Hall BC (Lancashire)
- June White- Thurlton BC (Suffolk)
- Nigel Morgan- Haydon Wick BC (Wiltshire)
- Richard Spriggs- Essex County BC (Essex)
- Sid & Joy Steele- Blandford BC (Dorset)
Bowls Maker Of The Year
- Edna Bessell (Somerset)
- David King-Taylor (Nottinghamshire)
- Mike Wade (Bedfordshire)
- Patricia Harvey (Warwickshire)
- Robert Stanley (Worcestershire)
Official of the Year
- Keith Sawdon (Berkshire)
- Maxine Groce (Lancashire)
- Ed Poole (Oxfordshire)
- John McKenzie (Somerset)
A full list of FAQ’s for the event and information such as hotel & directions can be found here