The Bowls England National Finals will run from Thursday 10th to Sunday 27th August inclusive. Following the decision by County Associations at this year’s Bowls England AGM we can confirm:
• The number of qualifiers in all National Championship events will be 62 (with the exception of the Senior Fours and Junior Pairs, which remain at one per county).
• In events with 62 places, those 27 counties with the highest entries per event will receive two qualification places, with the remaining 8 receiving one place. However with some counties unable to put forward any entries in the men’s and women’s junior singles, additional places have been awarded to bring the total number of qualifiers to 62.
With all entries for the National Championships now received from County Associations, we are pleased to share details of the qualification places by county in each event.
The criteria for determining the number of qualifiers at National Finals by event is shown below in order of priority:
1. Number of entries by competition per county
2. Number of entries by County (All comps) – gender specific
3. Number of entries by County (All comps) – both genders
Points 2 and 3 have only been used to determine placings should more than one county be equal on entries in determining the final places.
The draws for the 2023 National Championships will be published by Monday 1st May.