Bowls England are looking for an agency to develop a new Pay & Play platform to support our plans to increase participation in our sport. This should be compatible across mobile, tablet & desktop.
The platform, to be launched by July 2022, will provide an easy-use solution for both new people to the sport to find opportunities to play, and for clubs to list available sessions on their greens.
About Bowls England
We are the National Governing Body for lawn bowls, the form of the sport which is played at the Commonwealth Games. Over 100,000 people play bowls regularly within the 2000 bowls clubs nationwide.
Our dream is for everybody to imagine the joy and benefit of playing sport and we believe the inherent qualities of bowls are well‐placed to make that happen. Our mission is to promote and develop the sport of bowls across England so it enriches the lives of its participants, connects communities and is in good health for future generations.
The Commonwealth Games in July/August 2022 is a critical moment for our sport to demonstrate our relevance and drive increased participation.
We require a standalone platform where new players can find opportunities to access the sport, and clubs can list available space on their greens. This needs to be a microsite, which can handle the search and booking process for the project.
This should enable prospective players, many of whom might be contemplating playing bowls for the first time, to find and access bowls clubs in the way that complements their needs, makes it easy for clubs to manage this demand and maximizes spare green capacity.
We also need the site to have a payment function integrated and for clubs to be able to manage bookings.
If you are interested in tendering for this project, please in the first instance email Rob Short on firstname.lastname@example.org by 11am on Wednesday 1st December, including the subject Pay and Play Tender, with:
- Evidence of:
- Experience in creating sites optimised across mobile, desktop and tablets.
- Building & integration of payment/retail function experience
- Experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders, both internal & external. This is for both our clubs to list events as well as new consumers to find sessions.
- Ability to work to a tight timescale, as we need to be live to maximise the CWG opportunity by July 2022.
- Data integration
- Intelligent CMS systems
- A cost estimate for the project on the following outline requirements
- An easy-to-use booking & payment system
- A CMS system which makes it straightforward for clubs to easily list available sessions and their listings
- Customer data storage for easy login
- A CMS system
- Delivery by May 2022
- Agency Information:
- Credentials and relevant experience
- Size of agency
Shortlisted companies will be sent a more detailed brief and given the opportunity to present a proposal for the project on Thursday 16th or Friday 17th December.