The British Isles Bowls Council (BIBC) and British Isles Women’s Bowls Council (BIWBC) have today announced their plans for the 2020 season in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The following events have been cancelled with immediate effect:
- BIBC Senior International Series and Championships (Llandrindod Wells, Wales, from 25th to 28th June inclusive)
- BIWBC Senior International Series and Championships (Royal Leamington Spa, England, from 12th to 16th June inclusive)
- BIWBC Junior International Series and Championships (Llandrindod Wells, Wales, on 18th and 19th July)
It has been further agreed:
- To seek alternative arrangements for the respective Junior and Senior Championships to be played at a later date (either in 2020 or 2021);
- That a decision regarding the BIBC Junior International Series due to be held in Ayr, Scotland, on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th September will be made at a later date and communicated to players and officials at the earliest opportunity
The BIBC and BIWBC stress that these decisions have not been taken lightly but have been made having given due consideration to all factors including Government guidance, current restrictions on travel for participating nations and, most importantly, the health of players, officials and supporters.
The members of the BIBC are:
Bowls England; Irish Bowling Association; Bowls Guernsey; Bowls Jersey; Bowls Scotland; Welsh Bowling Association
The members of the BIWBC are:
Bowls England; Irish Women’s Bowling Association; Bowls Jersey; Bowls Scotland; Welsh Women’s Bowling Association