Bowls England is looking for an agency to create a brand campaign for our sport to be launched ahead of Birmingham 2022. We want to showcase the intrinsic values of our sport – doable, sociable, mesmerising and vitalising – in an authentic way which presents our sport as an appealing option for our target audiences. Our core objective is to grow the number of people participating in our sport.
Below is a short overview of the project. For a full brief and further supporting documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Brand Challenge
Bowls is a viable option for the huge portion of the population who, whether it be because of age, physical ability, inequality or other barriers, would not normally participate in other sports. As detailed above, it also has the ability to keep sportier people playing sport throughout their lives.
Despite this, participation is in systemic decline because the game has not evolved to complement modern lifestyles and it has not been positioned as an attractive option, and has developed negative, mainstream perceptions.
In our Fit For The Future strategy, our first priority is to build the brand of bowls.
Bowls must be perceived as relevant in today’s society and people outside our sport should consider it a credible option for their valuable leisure time. This requires it to be visible and for people to be excited by the benefit it may bring them. The Commonwealth Games squad is in a unique position to demonstrate our four truths of the sport as above.
To achieve this brand objective, we will:
- Develop and implement a brand strategy that consistently, coherently and imaginatively promotes bowls’ capacity to build a better society and benefit individuals.
- Grow the profile of our sport in traditional and new media through powerful storytelling.
- Support and showcase winning England teams by effectively managing and maximizing our international performance programme.
- Deliver an inspiring programme of activity to capitalise on the unparalleled opportunity of a home Commonwealth Games.
To help us on this brand challenge, we are looking for an agency to create a brand campaign for the sport of bowls which showcases its intrinsic qualities. The hero piece of content will be a short brand video.
The Tender Process
If you would like to pitch for this work, please send us –
- Credentials with examples of similar projects
- Concepts for brand campaign
- A breakdown of costs
Please send to Rob Short by Friday 22nd April at 5pm. Shortlisting will then take place, with follow up discussions taking place the following week.