We are pleased to share with you the latest ‘Return to Play’ guidance ahead of the move to ‘Step 2’ on Monday 12 April.
The key changes for our sport at Step 2 are:
- Outdoor hospitality can open in accordance with the government guidance on hospitality settings
- Changing rooms can be opened, but participants should be encouraged to avoid or minimise use where possible. Participants should socially distance whilst in changing rooms. Subject to available space, more than one household can use changing facilities at one time but they must not mix and must adhere to capacity limits set by the club. Face coverings should be worn at all times when indoors
- Travel should be minimised but can take place for the purpose of sport and physical activity. Car sharing, however, is not permitted
- Spectators are only allowed on public land, where they must adhere to social gathering limits either in groups of six or two households
- Further flexibility has been provided with regard to playing formats and arrangements
We are keen to ensure that affiliated clubs can reopen safely and responsibly as we look forward to the 2021 season. We have been working with our development arm, the Bowls Development Alliance, to create a number of resources to support clubs. You can find out more about our ‘Back to Bowls’ resources here.