Bowls England is the National Governing Body for outdoor flat green bowls in England and governs the game for men and women. It was formed on 1 January 2008 following a merger of the English Bowling Association and the English Women’s Bowling Association.
With more than 2,000 affiliated clubs across England providing playing facilities to over 100,000 members and led by a highly-respected Board of Directors, Bowls England is well-positioned to tackle and fulfil its strategic goals over the next four years.
With exciting plans ahead, including the participation in the 2022 Commonwealth Games, Bowls England is now seeking a new Chief Executive to lead the team, based from their offices in Royal Leamington Spa.
The Chief Executive will be responsible for:
- Influencing, developing and driving the strategy for Bowls England in conjunction with the Board
- Managing and positively implementing the organisational change programmes as new strategies are agreed
- Playing a highly visible role and openly communicating with staff and members
- Assisting in further developing the marketing and PR strategy of Bowls England and approve initiatives to increase participation in the sport
- Overseeing the events strategy, including full maximisation of upcoming events
- Ensuring that Bowls England follows best practice and meets its audit obligations, legal and statutory requirements and any contracted obligations with partners.
Substantial experience of motivating, leading and managing a high quality, multi-disciplinary professional and volunteer team in a customer or membership-focused environment is desirable. Gravitas, strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style are key requirements, as is experience of implementing successful commercial strategy. Experience of having worked within a sporting organisation is desirable but not essential.
Bowls England is an equal opportunities employer that celebrates diversity and encourages applications from people from under-represented populations.
Interested candidates should apply by sending CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 10th January 2020