If you’re looking for more information on attending Bowls’ Big Weekend, please click on the button below. This page is for affiliated Bowls England Clubs wishing to register an event.
Bowls’ Big Weekend is back! Our national open weekend returns for 2022 on Friday 27 May to Sunday 29 May.
This is national initiative offering clubs the opportunity to promote our welcoming and socially-distanced sport and attract new members. We know that 20% of new bowlers join our sport on the back of open weekends, that our clubs want support to help recruit new players and that there are plenty of people out there who would love to have a go at bowls.
Last year over 21 million people saw bowls online & on TV across the country, with on average 26 attendees going to over 700 clubs. We want this year to be bigger and better, so…
- We’re hosting a series of webinars (register by clicking here) and you can find these in the FAQ section below. We’ll explore topics such as marketing online, promotion in your local community, how to run a great event, and the ins & outs of GDPR. The link above also includes the chance to register to attend.
- We’ve improved the sign-up process for attendees to get greater clarity on who and how many people are attending your club’s events.
- We’ll be investing in a national media & PR campaign to get Bowls’ Big Weekend out there! Last year BBC Breakfast attended Colchester BC in Essex, whilst local news across the land headed out to lots of our clubs to showcase the sport.
- We will be providing a resource pack for all clubs who register.
- We are also offering a new digital platform for clubs to purchase extra posters, leaflets and more, as well as download free social media assets to use to shout about your event!
Bowls’ Big Weekend is open to clubs affiliated to Bowls England and British Crown Green Bowling Association, and is being run alongside the Bowls Development Alliance and Disability Bowls England.
Clubs can register their events and gain exclusive access to the guidance support and marketing resources available NOW by clicking here.
This a fantastic opportunity for us to get even more people out on to the greens this summer and we hope as many clubs as possible will get involved. Some of our most frequently asked questions can be found below.