We are committed to ensuring that Bowls England has a high standard of governance and have formed the Governance Working Party to undertake a thorough review. We are inviting applications to help us in this process.
The Working Party’s mission is to conduct a thorough review of how Bowls England is performing against Sport England’s ‘A code for Sports Governance’.
Following the conclusion of the Working Party a full report, complete with recommendations, will be presented to the Board of Bowls England.
Start Date: 1st September 2020
Term: To be confirmed
Reporting to: The Board of Bowls England
Remuneration: This is an unpaid position; all pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed.
Person Specification: A working knowledge of Sport England’s ‘A Code for Sports Governance’, is desirable but not essential.
Applicants should have:
- A basic knowledge of corporate structures, responsibility and experience preferably in the within the sport sector.
- An understanding of the development and implementation of governance structures such as:
- Corporate Constitutions incorporating Rules and Regulations
- Corporate Standards of Conduct
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Communications and People Management
Expressions of interest should be submitted, with an accompanying CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 10th August 2020.
Virtual Interviews will be conducted week commencing Monday 17th August 2020.
Bowls England recognises equal opportunities in the appointment process.