Fit For The Future
Launched in August 2021, our strategy ‘Fit For The Future’ frames an exciting course for our sport. The five-year plan has been designed with the ultimate goal of getting more people playing & enjoying bowls.
It sets out our vision for the sport, how we plan to achieve our objectives and what success looks like in 2026.
The priorities that will get us to the target of 1 million bowls experiences per year by 2026 are:
- Building the brand of bowls by increasing focus on international & top domestic bowls, and utilizing opportunities such as Birmingham 2022 to achieve larger media coverage;
- Ensuring the sport is truly accessible to all by offering different formats of the game which suit all time constraints, as well as driving more people to clubs in new ways;
- Creating positive playing experiences for everyone who steps on the green, both for casual and competitive players, as well as growing our events calendar and introducing a Performance Pathway
- Putting volunteers first, as the lifeblood of our sport, by increasing our support for clubs in order to empower them to thrive;
- Leading the sport with purpose by developing our Governance structures, diversifying our revenue streams, and work collaboratively with all the sport’s key stakeholders.
If you want to be the first to receive Bowls England news, sign up to our e-newsletter at the bottom of the Bowls England homepage.