If you’re on this page you must be ready for a new career challenge, be the kind of person who is open-minded to fresh possibilities or, perhaps, you’re just one of the 100s of 1000s of people who has already fallen in love with our sport.
With a new strategy, new leadership and renewed purpose, this is a great time to join our Bowls England team. Over the last 18 months we have completed a comprehensive programme of research and our ambitious, new strategy will tackle the challenges our sport faces and take advantage of the huge opportunities we have identified.
Head of Marketing and Communications
This is a fantastic role for someone who wants to reshape a brand and inspire new and existing audiences. Should you be successful, you will –
- Manage the Communications function providing effective guidance and support for your team.
- Own, develop and operationalise the organisation’s brand and communication strategies to position the organisation and the sport in a powerful and consistent manner.
- Develop and champion the organisation’s customer engagement strategy, being the go-to person in terms of insight, data and contact management.
- Oversee and maximize the organisation’s communications platforms and delivery of the annual communication plan.
- Oversee the organisation’s marketing function ensuring campaigns are fully integrated and optimized.
- Develop external broadcast and media relationships and exploit opportunities to increase the sport’s profile.
You’ll be someone who has a strong background working in communications, possibly within the sports industry. You will have the ability to work strategically to inform and influence a range of audiences, whilst not being afraid to get your hands dirty. Experience in digital and social media is important in any modern marketing and communications role, as well as a proven track record of demonstrable results whether it is income generation or behaviour change amongst a target market. You will understand how to leverage external media and be relentless in your ambition to increase the visibility of our sport. Most of all you’ll be excited about the challenge to change the mainstream perception of bowls.
Bowls England is the National Governing Body for lawn bowls, the form of the sport which is played at the Commonwealth Games. Over 100,000 people play bowls regularly within the 2000 bowls clubs nationwide.
Our mission is to promote and develop the sport of bowls across England so it enriches the lives of its participants, connects communities and is in good health for future generations.
We live and breathe our values, appreciate these qualities in others and look for these characteristics in new members of the team. If you’re collaborative, adaptable, responsible and encouraging, you’ll definitely fit in.
How to apply
Full details of the opportunity can be found here.