At Bowls England, we are delighted to offer exclusive opportunities to the bowls community. Teaming up with our partners, you could enjoy special offers and exclusive activities. Stay tuned!
Bowls England Exclusive River Cruise
Bowls England and Riviera Travel are delighted to announce an exclusive opportunity to sail on one of Europe’s finest rivers, whilst meeting your favourite Bowls players.
England players including Commonwealth Games Gold medallist Nick Brett will be joining us on board ‘The Blue Danube’ river cruise to talk about all things Bowls! There will be Q&A sessions, legendary stories, along with an amazing programme which will leave you with memories that you will cherish for a lifetime!
This spectacular 8-day cruise, sets sail from Budapest on 16th October 2023, taking in the delights of Austria, Hungary and Slovakia before returning to Budapest on 23rd October 2023.
England’s Nick Brett says, “I’m really excited about the opportunity to sail on one of Riviera Travel’s river cruises. The Danube has always been somewhere I have wanted to explore. I feel community is at the heart of our sport and I am very much looking forward to spending time with everyone on board.”
Huntingdonshire-based Nick’s bowls experience began when he filled in at his father’s club, aged 11. That led Nick to make his international debut at 23 in 1997. This year, Nick sealed Men’s Triples Gold and Men’s Fours Bronze at Birmingham 2022!
This exciting cruise will sell fast so make sure you don’t miss out! For further details please see below.
Unwind on our magical river cruise and enjoy an escorted tour to imperial Budapest, the Pearl of the Danube. See Bratislava, Esztergom, Melk, Salzburg and unforgettable Vienna along the course of Eastern Europe’s mightiest river.
- 7 nights on board Riviera Travel’s fabulous 5-star ship, the MS Emily Bronte.
- Return flights & transfers from your regional airport
- 7 visits & tours – Vienna, Salzburg or Linz, Dürnstein, Budapest and Bratislava; and visits to Esztergom Basilica, and Melk Abbey
- Full board
- Complimentary on-board tea & coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
- Expert Cruise Director & Concierge
- All port charges & airport taxes
- Checked Luggage
To find out more, please call Bowls England’s dedicated booking line quoting ‘BE EXCLUSIVE’ on 01283 245341 or enter your details here and a member of Riviera Travel’s friendly and knowledgeable team will contact you.
Lead in from:
Lower (Emerald Deck) – £1979 per person
Middle (Ruby Deck) – £2429 per person
Upper (Diamond Deck) – £2629 per person
Superior and deluxe suites are also available on request (subject to availability)
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your day of departure, including welcome cocktails and dinner, plus the Captain’s Dinner
- Return flights from a selection of regional airports
- Return free transfers to and from the ship
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, all with river view
- The services of our experienced cruise director and concierge
- Complimentary Wi-Fi onboard
- Daily afternoon tea!
- Complimentary Tea and coffee
- Q&A and legendary stories with Bowls England players
Free excursions highlighted below:
- Guided tour of Vienna, city of Strauss and home of the Habsburgs
- Live classical quartet recital on board
- Visit to Baroque Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Cruise through the scenic Wachau, Austria’s premier wine region
- Visit to Melk Abbey, central Europe’s most spectacular Baroque monastery, and one of its premier academic institutions
- Visit to medieval Dürnstein where Richard the Lionheart was imprisoned whilst returning from the Crusades
- Tour of Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and one of Austria’s most beautiful cities
- Explore the amazing basilica at Esztergom, Hungary’s oldest cathedral
- Tour of Budapest, Pearl of the Danube